View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 09:18 AM   #35
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizwor View Post
I don't care for the characterization 'fully functional' as it implies that what works for one works for all. For me, most of the time, I need two screens to be fully functional.
The full phrase is: 'fully functional mini-computer' as opposed to 'fully functional tablet' with all the implied limitations of a tablet OS.

Of course not all devices meet all the needs of every user...if you can't work on an 8" screen because of your particular requirements then you don't choose that device... E.g. It is valid to say that a basic Dell computer doesn't fit your needs when you want a bleeding edge Alienware rig...it's not so valid to say the basic Dell is not a fully functional computer.

As an aside: I have been using a surface pro for about 2 months for programming, photoshop, ePub editing, Office, and gaming. It has a USB 3.0 plug to attach a keyboard/mouse and a video out port (HDMI) that allows me to extend/duplicate the desktop to another screen when I need a large display - and it works great as a tablet when I need it to do that. So the concept has been demonstrated...whether or not this new device can do it as well with an 8" screen is yet to be seen.

Cheers!

Last edited by Turtle91; 07-02-2013 at 09:20 AM.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote