View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 08:29 AM   #40
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
I have two Mobile Reference Classics, and I like the layout. Is there any place where I can get all of those classics for $20? It would save me quite some time, looking for a version I like when I want to read one.

Why should Calibre get wonky? It just uses a database to save all its stuff. Each book has its own ID, but I expect that it's at least a long integer, which means you'd be able to load roughly 4 billion (4.000.000.000) books.

I expect that your computer will run out of required storage and speed before Calibre runs out of ID's to handle the books. (Except when you add and remove books a lot. I don't know if it re-uses ID's of deleted items. Most database programs don't.)
Mobilereference used to have sales now and again on it's Classic collections. I think they now sell through resellers like iTunes and Amazon to purchase their books one by one for about $1-$5 each. I did Amazon at the start but after the first 5 authors I decided to just go for the group purchase using their site but I can't find that set-up anymore.

On Amazon you can also search under 'Delphi Classics'.

Last edited by pagansoul; 05-22-2013 at 08:39 AM.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote