View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 01:29 PM   #13
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post

Interestingly, I can also plug a USB mouse in. When I do this, the tablet says "Mouse Connected", and a small mouse pointer appears on the screen. I can't really see much practical use for this, but perhaps it might be useful in something like a picture editing app?

A keyboard also works, and I can use it anywhere that the normal soft keyboard generally appears. I imagine this could be of genuine use for something like a word processing app.
I've been playing with a 10" Android tablet for a few weeks now - this also has an OTG port. Not only can you use a keyboard or mouse but if you get a suitable wireless keyboard & mouse combo (not bluetooth) you can have both at once. The mouse can be very handy for selecting text for editing (much easier than messing with a touchscreen) and for selecting when links are tightly packed on a page. Another advantage of the wireless version is that the keyboard ond mouse are locally powered from AAA cells rather than sucking power from the USB port which only has to power the wireless adaptor.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote