View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 07:52 AM   #13
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by abookreader View Post
I'm really considering picking one of these up for my kid. He isn't a huge reader so I haven't bought him a digital reader yet. I shove my Kindle into his hands occasionally and force him to read.

I considered that Delstar a couple of weeks ago ... but I see this for $162.99 at Buy.com now. It might be worth the extra $63 to get the Sony and see if I can squeeze an hour or two a week of reading out of him.
I really don't think you should force it, but look for opportunities to provide him with reading materials he enjoys -- comics, a particular interest - nature, animals, science, airplanes, etc... That is the best way to encourage reading.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote