View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 11:31 AM   #8
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
As to the reader you envision, I think is it a wonderful idea. The ability to get literature out to people, especially kids, cheaply is quite an honorable goal. The content would be up for debate, since a lot of the PD stuff would not be appreciated by people until they reach an age where "classics" can be appreciated rather than dreaded.
I started thinking about it after (last week, I know the article is older than that) reading the poet moaning about all those horrible Kindle owners ripping the books out of the hands of poor children and stomping on them.

http://www.edrants.com/sherman-alexi...itist-charges/

(Okay, that is paraphrasing.)

But if there was an effort to get loaded ebook readers into the hands of poor children (buyable by the richer poor, some sort of charity effort like One Laptop Per Child for the real poor.) Then the readers could represent the greatest access to books ever.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote