Thread: Sigil v0.1.2
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 11:00 AM   #46
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotas View Post
- How can I add a cover image? To show as cover, not in text, for all software and hardware .epub readers.
Just import an image and put it at the top of your document. You'll probably want to add a chapter break after it.

Quote:
- And, how much must the size for this image? I noted that Sigil does not change or resize the images, so later in viewers they are too small, or too big.
Sigil will never resize your images. Epub as a format was meant to display on many different devices with many different screen sizes. Trying to settle on one cover image size is pointless and will always fail to display correctly on some devices.

What you should do is wrap your image in some SVG code so it automatically resizes. AFAIK there are other ways of doing this too. Check out the epub subforum on MobileRead, and the code snippets sticky.

Sigil will one day have a WYSIWYG action that automatically wraps your image in SVG.

Quote:
- I have a strange problem: when saving/loading files, I can load again the .epub exported files, but not the original .sgf one (???) Hangs forever loading with high cpu usage, both are about 4,83 MB size.
Create an issue and attach the files in question. I can't guess the bug away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Is there a way in 0.1.2 to make any of the paragraphs have no indent? Also, can the extra space between paragraphs be removed or not added in in the first place?
That is done with CSS. If you are asking for a WYSIWYG way of doing that, there currently isn't one.

Adobe's EPUB best practices document recommends that books use this CSS code by default:

Code:
body, div, p, h1, h2, h3, h4 { margin: 0; padding: 0; }
I plan on adding it for books created with the "New" command, but nobody really uses that. Everyone just imports. I will not automatically add these styles to imported documents because Sigil tries to preserve your document as much as possible.

So just add this style directly. It should take you 2 seconds to copy-paste it into Code View.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I have not looked at the tickets so this may already be there. But is there going to also be a CSS editor eventually built in?
Some day, sure. Not soon though.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote