View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 02:42 AM   #2
hansel
JSR FFD2
hansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheese

Device: iliad
If I remember well you can upzip dropbear somewhere on your memory card (for example in 'documents'). Then go to documents via the Iliad menu: there should be 'start dropbear wireless' and 'start dropbear LAN' somewhere...

Once dropbear (= sshd) is running, you need the ip address to connect to it. Your router or access point might tell you this.

Best think is to install mrxvt on the Iliad: it is a small terminal window where you can enter commands. Search the forum for downloads and explanation. Look for a recent version (I think I have version 4) You can see your IP by typing 'ifconfig'. You can test if the network is ok from a pc with the command 'ping your.ip.address.here'

Good luck!
PS: be careful when changing system things!!! Be sure that you understand how to reflash (and have the required files) before doing wild things...
hansel is offline   Reply With Quote