View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 11:29 PM   #7
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
It doesn't matter how you buy the book, for most books once you have purchased them you will have the option to download a kepub format book to a Kobo device or app, as well as downloading a plain epub format book from the Kobo website.

There are some books where the epub download option is not available, but that is not affected by whether you buy the book from the website or using a device or app.

I usually buy books using my Kobo device, and a kepub version gets downoaded direct to the device via wifi. But I can then go to the Kobo website and download the epub version too if I wish.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pentel View Post
Any idea if method 2 (using wifi on Kindle device to buy ebook) will download as epub where available as epub?
If you use a Kobo app on the kindle to download the book then you will get the kepub format, if you use a web browser and download by clicking the download button in your library on the Kobo website then you will get the plain epub format. (If the book had DRM then the browser will just download the .ascm key and you will need ADE to download the actual book. If it is DRM-free then the browser will download the book itself).

Last edited by GeoffR; 02-21-2014 at 11:45 PM.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote