View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 07:03 AM   #1366
Jade Aislin
Groupie
Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Auro H2O, PRS-T1
I've decided to redo the way my personal ini file handles tags I do not want to keep for AO3. It seems that every metadata section that I want (character, ships, genre) to grab from the site has a slew of tags that I do not want.

I had been listing the tags I didn't want and setting them blank, like this:

genre=>Until it isn't=>

However, this was making it hard to search the code. I was wondering if it were possible to set it so it would only apply if it did not match?

For example, say I have a genre 'Angst' and 'Adventure'. I would want it to keep those two tags, but not 'Until it isn't'.

genre!=>(Angst|Adventure)=>

I want the code to only erase the tag if it does not match anything in the parenthesis. ie 'Until it isn't' does not equal Angst or Adventure, so erase the tag.

I looked up the Regexp Tutorial and found how to negate a character, but I do not think that will work as it needed at least one character and I want to negate a whole string. Is there any way me to do this?