View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 04:55 AM   #11
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
I didn't think the original question was addressing the grammar of the expression but rather whether it was an accepted speechism, something that a reader would recognize rather than balk at. I guess what threw me, since everyone else seems to think the question was a grammar question, was the use of "expression". Expression implies to me a saying, a quote, a regionalism, a colloquialism -- that is, not a question of grammar.

What made the rest of you see it as a grammar question?
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote