View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 01:23 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebby View Post
Hello,

I'm completely new to the html and css so if somebody could help me I will be very happy.

I have some ebooks which not let me change the font on my ereader. I think it is because there is some embedded fonts. I suppose there must be a way to change something on the stylsheet, etc. on Sigil to allow me to read those books with the font I like on the reader.

I will like to know what is the coding difference between the books who have embedded fonts (so you can't change the font on the reader as you like) and the other who let this choice possible? I mean where on the css code and what exactly.

P.S. I don't really understand the utility of embedded fonts on the ebooks as when I'm reading them on my Prs-t1 choosing the font "original" the fonts are always the same (I mean not the one who is embedded to the code) on all books?
Embedded fonts can be cool (if used appropriately and sparingly ).
Not all readers support font embedding. Does that mean that all books should not use them?

YOU can choose to remove the font files (in Fonts) which would simply leave a technically, 'broken' EPUB.
Removing the @font declarations from styles (AND the named font, from the font-family: (priority) list in the styles section or CSS should take care of the rest.
Flightcrew should tell you if you missed all but the styles part.

BTW The Calibre: Modify EPUB plugin will do this https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=154371 if you use Calibre.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote