View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 02:11 PM   #19
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Welcome back, Jon!

I'm interested in In The Woods (voted for it so hoping it makes the run-off), The Redbreast, The Day of the Jackal, The Looking Glass War, The Spies of Warsaw and The Secret Agent.

I made a mistake in helping nominate The Snowman. I don't mind that it's later in a series if the stories aren't tightly connected, but I'd forgotten that an earlier one in the series was already nominated, so of those two, unless the later one is supposed to be better which I haven't heard, I'd slightly prefer the earlier. But if The Snowman wins I'll happily read it.

I've seen the films for Mystic River, Shutter Island, Silence of the Lambs and Along Came a Spider, so I'm hoping none of those win. I don't mind reading books of films I've already seen, but first, these are thrillers so it'd be less "thrilling" reading a book where one knows much of the twists and turns that happen already even if it is more fleshed out in the book and second, a film adaptation I've already seen just won the literary club so even though I'm interested in reading that one it makes me even more want to see something I haven't seen the film version of win here this month. Although, of these thriller films that I've seen, I would've most liked to have read Mystic River if I had to choose one, and that one didn't even make the vote! I suppose Shutter Island would be my second choice of these even though I know what happens (grumble grumble). Silence of the Lambs, the film was so iconic and disturbing so not so interested in visiting that one and Along Came a Spider was just sort of thriller film fluff so not interested in it at all since I know what happens.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote