View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 08:42 AM   #4
bookbinder
Connoisseur
bookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, FW:5.6.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I can tell you that my K3 and my K4 NT both support multi-level TOCs. As @susan_cassidy states it does require the publisher to format the TOC/book correctly, and we all know that most eBook publishers have great difficulty getting their eBooks formatted correctly.

Thanks for your responses, but it looks like from the picture you posted that we mean different things by multi-level. I don't mean merely indented, but linkable/clickable. Say there's a long academic book or a Bible with thousands of chapter or sub-chapter headings. In the Kindle, will the contents display all of them at once, so that to get to the last entry, one must first page through many entries? Or could it be done like in the Sony Reader, where one might click (say, for the Bible) first New Testament, then Revelation, then chapter 20--all within the Kindle's contents menu? Otherwise it would be cumbersome to get there.
bookbinder is offline   Reply With Quote