View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 09:32 PM   #5
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
I buy .lit ebooks (assuming there's no DRM-free format for sale) because it's pretty easy to remove DRM from them. As sassanik mentioned, .lit is quite easy to convert to other formats.

I used to read on my PSP which has very limited format support and no support of any kind for DRM'd ebooks. I use ConvertLIT to unDRM my purchased ebooks and explode it to oebps folder. I then open the actual .html file in a web browser and print to a PDF file tailored to the PSP's screen dimensions (I tried Amber converter but it didn't retain formatting). Now that I have an iPhone, I convert my unDRM'ed .lit files to .epub using Calibre.

Whether what I do is legal or not is questionable. It's likely illegal, but morally, I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. I don't share my unDRM'ed purchased ebooks with anyone. I just remove the DRM so I can enjoy reading my purchased ebooks on the device of my choosing.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote