View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 08:35 AM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffwalker View Post
Okay, thanks.

I'm using a mid-2011 27in iMac which won't update beyond High Sierra, hence the question.

Currently I lack the resources to buy a new 27in iMac.
If you buy a new video card (replace the GPU) for your iMac, you can use the Catalina patcher to install Catalina on your iMac.

http://dosdude1.com/catalina/

The following is form the Known Issues section of the Catalina patcher site.

Quote:
AMD/ATI Radeon HD 5xxx and 6xxx series graphics acceleration: Currently, it is not possible to achieve full graphics acceleration under Catalina on any machines that use a Radeon HD 5xxx or 6xxx series GPU. If you have a machine with one of these GPUs installed, I'd advise upgrading it if possible (can be done in 2010/2011 iMacs, iMac11,x-12,x), disabling the dedicated GPU if using a 2011 15" or 17" MacBook Pro (MacBookPro8,2/8,3, instructions to do so can be found here), or not installing Catalina. Running Catalina without full graphics acceleration will result in extremely poor system performance.
It says you can replace the GPU on your 2011 iMac.

Last edited by JSWolf; 10-11-2019 at 08:39 AM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote