View Single Post
Old 07-09-2017, 04:58 AM   #496
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblatt View Post
hi i wish both android and ios had these feathers
Editing book info
Syncing between Devices in cc
a ereader
CC will never offer a book reader app. There are too many good ones already out there. Attempting to provide an internal reader anywhere near as good would require a tremendous amount of time and money that we would never earn back.

The same is true for syncing between CC instances. CC is designed to sync with calibre. Doing anything else would be a different app.

As for editing book info, I recently discussed that topic in another thread. What I said there was
Quote:
For a variety of reasons related to complexity, performance, development time, and correctness, adding up-syncing of metadata changes won't happen in the current CC + calibre.

On the other hand, Kovid is looking at how to solve a similar problem with the new content server, permitting metadata changes on a "slave" server and syncing the changes back to a "master" server. Depending on where he goes with the idea (if anywhere) then CC might be able to tag along, but if so then there is a very high probability that the work would happen in Android CC (which I also maintain).

Kovid is also looking at editing metadata via the "master" content server. As before, depending on what he ends up doing, CC might be able to tag along by offering some user interface to talk to the running content server.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote