View Single Post
Old 04-22-2017, 01:49 PM   #77
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You want a Reader. I get that. I really do. But then why the Oasis? It's akin to reading on a Reader in bright sunlight with a fading LG screen. Remember those? Bookerly fades into the background the more you have the light turned up. The screen then looks like a printout from a laser printer with a toner cartridge that's doesn't have enough toner to fully form the letters. The only thing the Oasais is good for is to bash your nose. The cover really helps since it adds some weight.

As for the bashed nose, the Oasis did it's job very well.

And speaking of popcorn, the Oasais is like cheesy butter popcorn without the cheese and butter. You want a Reader that not only gives you popcorn but also gives you the cheese and butter.

I respectfully submit that you may be confusing the Kindle Oasis with the Sony 600, notoriously known for being unreadable in ANY lighting situation!

(There is an urban legend circulating that the Sony 600 was actually easier to read on when it had a broken substrate. I cannot vouch for this legend, since I accidentally ran over mine with my car about 10 times.)

Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote