View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 04:10 PM   #15
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragginp View Post
I guess the app thing doesn't bother me. You have to use the Kindle app on anything except a Kindle, a Nook app on anything else - shrug.
I'm just picky about my reading app, I actually read everything in my Kindle app on my tablet. That may be because my first tablet was a Kindle Fire and so the Kindle app there was my baseline to go by. I've tried other reader apps and so far none of them satisfy me, the largest issue is the fonts available. I may still give Scribd's a try though, I'm just not optimistic about it with people reporting very few customization options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I don't like the app thing overall, but if there were options to make a book readable for me I might give it a shot anyway.

Kindle and Nook books can have the drm stripped so you can use a different app or device, but I don't think you can do that here.
I do that, I strip the DRM and convert if I have to and I already looked and could find nothing to strip the DRM from Scribd's stuff. It's probably because that would be too much like out-right piracy and not format shifting.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote