View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 09:16 PM   #252
JLeighs
Addict
JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Heh, fooled indeed. Look at this.

Believe me or not, but fields A and B have the *exact* same shade of grey.

Don't believe me? Put the image into an image editor and sample both using the color picker. The results will be identical. Have fun and be amazed if you never looked into this stuff before:

http://scienceblogs.com/startswithab...-a-question-o/

Now you know why I'm often sceptical if people say "My screen is yellow / green / pink / blue / whatever", without actually *measuring* it using a tool such as a spectrometer
Yes, I do take your point, but the fact remains that the two shades of grey illustrated above are *visibly* different. I'm not saying that Amazon put a screen on my Kindle that is part white, part green, and part pink; I'm saying that I can *see* white, green, and pink color hues (some clever Amazon reviewer referred to the PW as the "Paperbruise"). If what I am physically seeing is disturbing my reading, then that's a problem. The whole point of the PW is a comfortable and enjoyable reading experience, after all.
JLeighs is offline   Reply With Quote