View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 10:07 AM   #6
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
I've had this debate with Starson17 in the past on a ticket in the bug tracker. I think he may have made a few minor tweaks to it but basically we had problems reliably replicating the "exact doubling up".
Yes - although we were talking about record merging as well as metadata fetching. I added the "don't overwrite author/title" option for metadata fetching, but finer control over metadata fetching overwrite is on the ToDo list IIRC.

Quote:
I'm in your camp - I don't want summaries "appended" to under any circumstance.
I'm in the other camp. I use summaries for searching. I want them full of stuff to be found in searching, and often add several summaries from different records and different online metadata databases specifically to get more info in them.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote