View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 09:45 AM   #53
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
I have tried. Not working for me. Podcast yes, but audiobook no way. When I am running, I am not listening very attentively, I am more into the rhythm of my feet and listening is a secondary thing. It's weird..I can't really explain it. Also, I run trails in the mountain, so I need to be attentive all the time of where I put said feet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
If I'm driving, or sitting in my home, an audiobook is fine. If I'm on a treadmill, it's almost essential! However, when I'm outside, I would much rather be open to the sounds of nature.

An audiobook, read well, can be a treat every now and then. Most of the time, however, I prefer silent reading. There's plenty of talk in the world as it is!
I can't argue with your points. I like quiet myself, which is one reason I don't watch television. But in particular when I'm swimming, I find that audiobooks help a lot to keep me going after boredom would ordinarily have had me calling it quits. Similarly, a walk around my neighborhood has little to engage me and an audiobook helps keep me in the zone, not dislodge me from it. But I must admit I'm unlikely to resort to one when I'm walking along a beach, say.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote