View Single Post
Old 11-13-2022, 08:44 PM   #105
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
The UK government says:

Anonymous or pseudonymous works (Works of unknown authorship)
In the case of anonymous or pseudonymous works, the use of a work is allowed where it is not possible to ascertain the identity of the author. It must be reasonable to assume that copyright has expired, or the author died over 70 years ago.

So how likely is it that the artist (whoever they were) died more than 70 years ago?

I'd recommend leaving them out. Sorry.
That's more or less what I figured was likely, but had to ask.

There's just no way to know death date without a name. And I can't assume it's reasonable that the artist would have died over 70 years ago, because the artist for Hinkle's 1929 title, Black Storm, of which I have a first edition, *is* known, thanks to signatures on the interior illustrations (J. Clinton Shepherd), and *he* didn't die until 1975!

I'll have to see what I can do. Maybe I can find suitable horse photos on Unsplash.com (Got lucky once! ), or if not, perhaps a generic title/author on background style cover for those works.

Back to polishing/testing the first title, Dapple Gray.

Last edited by graycyn; 11-13-2022 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Italicized Black Storm
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote