View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 01:10 PM   #11
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
@ali

What you say makes perfect sense to me...especially the bit about power management.

I was expecting things to happen like this:
Henrycat's device had no power management onboard, it lasted for about 4 hours. WiFi was on all the time, Wacom was on, Processor running full-speed and lots of unoptimized code.
Now, Power.management is enabled and the battery-life goes to about 20 hours (everything is off or low-power as long as you don't refresh the screen, connect to network or write with the stylus).
Then it's time for the baby-steps we're seeing now, little tweaking here and there giving us slightly improved battery-life.
End of Story.

I've complained about this at the iRex forums a while ago, and was told that it is a difficult process, that some drivers don't like low-power mode and stuff like that. That made me seriously doubtful...and the announcement of 5-10% increase for 2.7 that was over a month of dev. work and will still be a good 2 weeks "under construction" sounds more like "cleaning code" than like serious base-level Power-management work.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote