View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 05:39 AM   #9
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali
I guess that's the problem. iRex will never say "we are done" - why should they? It's much cooler to talk about "constant improvement" than to say you're done and provoke complaints of those who showed patience.
Yes, they will. When they announce that they device is no longer in beta test and is "official". I expect that to happen by December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali
And this is what happened - in 2.5 and 2.6, they got the big boost from implementing PM, resulting in a factor of over 2. And now there will be a few small steps ("5-10%"), barely noticable, and then it will stop there.
You are confusing what they are offering for the 2.7 release with what they are going to offer after that.

The way I read it was that battery life was extended 5-10% for the 2.7 release. Probably because they wasted their time on useless features like PDF pan/zoom (which will not do what many users expect) instead of power management.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali
So "10 hours" is the final answer, unless they throw away their software design and begin basically from scratch, with something better - which will likely not happen.
Where did they say this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali
It's a stone old lesson in software design (resp. anything design) - if the basic structure is bad, you can't go too far. And the Iliads software design is made such that you can get first results really quickly, but then get stuck. It's a power management nightmare.
And that old lesson became history when more modular software designs were used.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote