View Single Post
Old 11-20-2015, 09:45 AM   #90
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by bel3atar View Post
I ran
Code:
chattr +i /var/local/java/prefs/reginfo
It doesn't matter if the file has the i flag or not. The problem is the same in both cases.
When reginfo is deleted everything works normally.
That should be "-i" to remove and "+i" to set.

Since the error dump doesn't name the file it is trying to access, I would like to be sure there isn't any other file with an extended attribute set.

= = = =

With nothing else having an extended attribute set and without the "immutable" flag set I would expect the problem to go away.

One other possible problem -
That permission setting allowing only 'root' to change the contents of the file (chmod 444 and chown root:root).

The error dump says that it is cvm (the hardware assisted, Java VM) that is having the problem, and that **might** be running as the user 'framework' rather than as 'root'.

So if you would help with these additional details, we might be able to figure out how to fake-register the series 5.6.x firmware.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote