View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 02:17 AM   #52
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Or just give in to what works - write a text document, forget about eipc calls.

Also, that way you don't "force yourself on the user" - the user can choose to look at the document when, and if, they want to.

(Which is why I am not immediately opening my reports. This status shit isn't important enough to be slapping the user in the face with it.)
Hey, I am not forcing anything on the user. Selecting the "Lock state" menu item is completely voluntary. I suppose when user activates "Lock state" he/she actually wants to see the results without unnecessary delay. That's how an interactive interface should work IMHO. After 10 seconds it's gone and no harm to your beloved Kindle done.

In fact there already is (from version 4) an option to save the report to a document. Everything is a matter of opinion and all users don't have the same needs.
For example I find writing the report to a document more intrusive that displaying it on the screen because I have to take an additional action to get rid of it afterwards.
Nevertheless, to satisfy your needs, version 6 has now an option not to display anything on the screen, just drop an empty file noeips to /extensions/backdoorlock/ . Be sure to create /document/backdoorlock folder in that case.
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote