View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 01:00 PM   #106
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce View Post
I need action suspense with a preference for extreme horror elements. Now finding all that in a sci fi book is hard, and I am very into sci fi down to star trek stargate etc. Tho they are sci fi soaps.

I doubt many women would crave those elements in their sci fi. But identifing the elements they want is a good start.

btw if anybody knows a sci fi book with the elements I like do share please ")
David Gerrold's "War Against the Chtorr" series. Action, horrific aliens (not just "big and scary," but creepy and disturbing); I'm not sure what counts as "suspense" but there's plenty of "what exactly is going on here (and how do I sort that out before I get shot or eaten)?" Unfortunately, there's no legit ebook version available.

Richard K Morgan's "Altered Carbon" is a high-action thriller.

Richard Kadrey's "Blind Shrike" is good; has been reworked into "Butcher Bird" by Nightshade books, but the earlier version was released free on the internet, and is still available in several places.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote