View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 10:07 AM   #9
Shirohane
Enthusiast
Shirohane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shirohane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shirohane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shirohane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shirohane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shirohane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shirohane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shirohane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shirohane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shirohane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shirohane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheygetz View Post
"Off-chance"?
"Easier-on-the-eyes is a much flogged horse. I once googled for 2 hours on the subject, but other than personal preferences I could not find a single scientist/ opthomologist (? or whatever they're called) who substantiated that. Personally--again-- I found the Kindle 4 darker than an actual paperback, and on a plane or train more often than not needed artificial lighting. I'd rather have it in the device then. It is though hard on your eyes, if you turn the tablet up to full luminosity in pitch black surroundings. Same for any computer screen, don't sit in complete darkness, always have some other light source than just the screen."

Hendrik
On thinking though it, I have to agree with Hendrik. I spend the day in front of the computer at work. While my eyes sometimes get tired, I rather blame it on the lighting at work than the lighted screen.

You see, when I sit in front of the computer or TV at home, my eyes do not get tired at all. But then again, I turn on a dim light when watching TV or when I am on the computer at home. (I also try to keep my monitor brightness quite low.)
Shirohane is offline   Reply With Quote