View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 06:05 AM   #46
Timboli
Fanatic
Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles & Samsung Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
I remember liking Stormbringer a lot (spoiler alert: the one where the sword kills ########), when I was young. I tried reading the other Elric books and found them a bit meh. I felt Moorcock was just knocking stuff out of no great quality.
Yes, he was a bit up and down with quality .... maybe due to radicalism and substances etc .... maybe even boredom and obligations.

Quote:
But Moorcock is an interesting character. ...... He was truly at the heart of what for us now seem like a mythic time in science fiction.
Certainly he is an interesting product of that earlier era, like so many others back them ... though I guess he stood out more than most of them, certainly in Britain. There wasn't much Science in his work, mostly just Fantasy, but I guess everything fantastical back then, was placed under the mantle of Science Fiction or Fairy Tales .... still the case in some sectors.

Maybe it's just me (and a bunch of others ha ha ha), but the music and fiction back in the 60s/70s in particular, was wildly inventive. Much of it ended up being dross, but some of it was brilliant and unique ... out-of-this-world perhaps. The freedom or sense of freedom of the times I guess ... and drugs maybe.
Timboli is offline   Reply With Quote