View Single Post
Old 12-29-2018, 05:22 AM   #47
indyglow
Connoisseur
indyglow is the One.indyglow is the One.indyglow is the One.indyglow is the One.indyglow is the One.indyglow is the One.indyglow is the One.indyglow is the One.indyglow is the One.indyglow is the One.indyglow is the One.

Device: iPad Air, Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura HD (RIP)
Hello, a friend recently came down from Canada and bought me a Kobo Forma. Like many of the Kobo Forma owners I too could see a distinct strip on the button side of my Forma along with some uneven lighting (damn! I didn't take any picture) but since it could not be returned I thought it wise to just keep it and ignore the issue. But since my eyes kept wandering to that particular light strip I thought to play with my Forma light settings. I moved the light slider all the way up to 100 and kept the energy setting "sleep after" to "never". Couple of hours later I found that the light strip has significantly dulled and the screen lighting has become more even. Another of this shock treatment to my Forma and the lighting is most uniform since I opened that box and that light strip is barely visible. I don't know how it happened but it did work for me. Or may be my brain is playing trick? Thought to share with you guys so somebody could come up with some explanation.

Thanks
indyglow is offline   Reply With Quote