View Single Post
Old 11-18-2015, 05:06 PM   #20
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
I have now used the kindlegen plugin on over 100 documents and would up tweaking the plugin.py just a little more to remove more characters from the title for the filename:
Thanks for your suggestions. When I originally designed the plugin I had a look at lists of invalid characters in Windows, Linux and OSX file names and I believe that the plugin as it is right now generates valid file names for all three operating systems.

I'll have a closer look at your suggestions and might add a couple of characters to be removed from file names. For example, even though spaces are valid in Windows/Linux/OSX file names they usually need to be escaped.
OTOH, typographical quotation marks shouldn't cause any problems.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote