View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 12:01 AM   #38
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
It depends on how the application is implemented. To have multitasking, the application has to provide a service, which keeps running in the background when the application loses focus. The Activity part of the application (what the user interacts with), gets suspended when the application loses focus.

The behaviour you describe is probably intentional, to stop the video when you tab out of the app so you can resume at the same spot you were.
Is this new? I have yet to see an application that can do it, which browser is capable of doing that?

The logical thing would be to just let the video continue in the background (the user could always pause it himself, if he wanted to), just like in Windows or in WebOS. Only when you switch to take a phone call should there be an automatic pausing of background video.

I have no detailed knowledge of the deeper workings of Android, but I have yet to see real multi-tasking being implemented (except for music players). Perhaps the system supports it but almost no application does? Which would leave us no better off, of course.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote