View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 01:03 PM   #52
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by h1uke View Post
Do you know if the "official" 3.1 update from Amazon is an incremental
update, or it contains "everything"? If it does, then it can be, probably,
used as a source in your procedure. This approach will eliminate the need
of a donor 3.1 device. At the same time, downloading the 3.1 update from Amazon is 100% legal.
Nope, it's just a bundle of patches. Amazon has the ability to release a "full" update, which is a recovery package, which is what I'm generating. Basically, IF amazon were to release a 3.1 update for the K2/DX, it would look exactly like I packages my script generates.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if someone takes my script and generate pre-made packages. However, that would be illegal.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote