View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 09:27 PM   #30
chyron8472
Groupie
chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5, Amazon Fire 5th Gen, Moto Z Play Droid
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndecisiveMe View Post
If you use Graffer to download from Twilighted and use its inbuilt AllinOne template to pull down the HTML it will give you an inline TOC, at least it does for me, reading as HTML on a Pocketbook 360. You could then use Calibre to convert it (or as many as you have with a batch convert) into EPUB or any other format you wanted.
Maybe I wasn't wording myself properly.

By "inline Table of Contents," what I really meant was that I want a listed Table of Contents formatted together in a list on a page; preferably on the page between the title page and the first chapter (ie. and the front of the book, not the back)

The AllinOne template on Gaffer does create a Table of Contents and at the front of the book, but it does so by creating a drop-down list box, which doesn't convert to mobi well (if at all). This makes the TOC is creates useless for me. Further, it only saves the file as html, while FanfictionLoader will download to various formats including ePub, which removes the need for conversion before editing in Sigil.

Also, I like the FanfictionLoader formatting better than Gaffer's.

It would appear that the only way to presently do what I want for Twilighted.net stories is to convert to mobi and force Calibre to create a TOC, convert to ePUB and move the TOC to the front of the book, then convert to mobi again.

*sigh*...

Last edited by chyron8472; 03-14-2011 at 09:48 PM.
chyron8472 is offline   Reply With Quote