View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 09:08 AM   #12
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFrancis View Post
The cover, cover.jpg, was included in a separate Amazon-specific step, separate from the epub upload.
I did try to identify semantically the cover. In Sigil, I right clicked on cover.xhtml, selected add semantics, then selected cover. It did not work.
Sigil does allow me to specify cover.jpg as 'cover image.' I tried deleteing cover.xhtml and specifiying cover.jpg as cover, but it threw a "Warning OPF resource in manifest not reachable" error with the FlightCrew plug in. It's possible the epub would have worked on Amazon in spite of the error.
Because you're trying to hang onto an ePUB-checkable ePUB. That won't work.

You have to remove the cover.xhtml file, but LEAVE the cover.jpg or png or whatever you have, Right click the jpg and semantically identify it as the cover image. Save.

Yes, that will not epubcheck, but it will build a proper MOBI without issues.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote