View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 10:52 AM   #8
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, and NookColor. 2 Droid, 1 Win8 ePUB rdrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
I never include a cover in an epub, because that can (but not always) result in there being two covers, both in the downloaded book and the Look Inside sample. The first is Amazon's conversion from the separately uploaded product image, and it fills the screen. The second is my included cover, and it does not fill the screen.

I never experienced this when uploading html files to the DTP/KDP. Indeed, Amazon would not only suppress an included cover, but also a frontispiece is there was one. So I learned to move the "frontispiece" to follow the table of contents.
NJ, I'm sorry, but the dreaded "double cover" hasn't happened with a "covered" ePUB file in dog's years. Amazon sorted that some years back, assuming that the cover is properly created. That being said, we (at my shop) do remove the html cover "page" (the cover.html section), leaving the meta-tagged cover image in the file and indicated appropriately where necessary. Just out of an abundance of caution.

What can still happen, though, as far as I know, is that Word-file uploaders that leave cover images inserted into their Word files can indeed still encounter the dreaded double-cover scenario. But ePUBs? No, not really.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote