View Single Post
Old 04-06-2019, 02:01 PM   #2518
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
If you haven't read this series, I **highly** recommend it. The very first is Quarter Share and it's available in pBook, eBook, podcast (read by the author), or Audible, read by Jeffrey Kafer. Pick your media of choice.
The whole ebook series is on Kindle Unlimited, with a $7.50 "add narration" price in the US. I've been contemplating snagging the audiobooks for a listen - I tore through the ebooks when I had KU.

I finally resubbed to Audible and grabbed the last Magicians book, The Magician's Land, which was a fitting end to the series. The whole series was very satisfying - much better prose than most fantasy, with fantasy influences almost entirely constrained to C.S. Lewis and classical mythology (okay, a dash of Harry Potter). It was in some sense a "dark, gritty reboot" of the Chronicles of Narnia for an adult audience, but also full of dry humor.

Now I'm a good ways into The Raven Tower by Ann Leckie, which is a fascinating, largely anthropological read so far (and deilogical, I suppose).
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote