View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 11:29 PM   #15
Alohamora
Evangelist
Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Fire tablet, ios phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
@Katsunami: interesting how you can read with a phone in total darkness and a front-lit e-reader is too bright with an acceptable contrast. I have not found any situation where I can read with a phone or tablet, but my front-lit reader won't do. But then I leave my Oasis2 in the lowest setting for light all the time and it works for me from total darkness to full sunlight and everything inbetween. The only adjustment moment I need is when walking from outside full sunlight into my house.
I saw things basically the same way Katsunami did when I borrowed a Paperwhite and tried it in low lighting. With the front light adjusted low enough to be comfortable, the contrast was low, downright murky. LCD screens appear to have better contrast.

I am absolutely in awe of how good modern smartphones have become, fast, great screens, all day battery life. Direct sunlight is the only situation where I could still wish for improvement.

Last edited by Alohamora; 09-13-2018 at 11:33 PM.
Alohamora is offline   Reply With Quote