View Single Post
Old 05-13-2014, 02:38 PM   #3
aleyx
Addict
aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Cybook Muse
I'm assuming that using FFDL, you already use (or already decided not to use) columns for words, chapters, last update, etc, which FFDL can automatically use, if not create for you.

I'm personnaly using the Count Pages plugin, for an estimation of pages numbers, and View Manager, because not every virtual library has fanfictions, and it seems like a waste of space to keep empty columns on screen.

I've set up the Series field as a hierarchical item, which takes care of the 'subseries' problem well enough for me. Although to be honest, I only set up series hierarchy to keep track of Undocumented Features arcs, and I only use the series field when the fic's author made their fic into a cycle. I don't keep track of a fic's source in any series-type field, there's too much crossovers for it to be anything but a mess, so I just use tags.

What else... I guess you could make a 'status' column, and use Column Icon rules to display a status (in-progress, completed, on hiatus, abandoned...).

And if you're into micro-management (and/or S/M), there could be a column for mean time between releases, and another Yes/No based on that which could tell you whether the author's late or not for their next release. Although the Fanfiction Tools GM script can calculate that, so maybe it's something that FFDL could do one day.

[edit: huh. I just realized that all the data's already there to calculate it... -_-;; ]

In other words... Yeah. It really depends on what you want to do.

N.
aleyx is offline   Reply With Quote