View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 11:57 PM   #13
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by petechan View Post
desertgrandma,

The Libre can handle Adobe DRM ebooks from digital collections of public libraries. I have accounts from two nearby public libraries and have been borrowing without any problems.

And the nice thing about the Libre is that the books DO NOT expire after the lending period. You have to open Adobe Digital Editions in your PC and "return" the books within the borrowing period, but until you synch your Libre with ADE, the books on your Libre remain readable, which is a boon for leisurely readers like me who take longer than 2 weeks to finish a library book. Also works well so that you can borrow more than one book at a time. So I would encourage ritpg to check out their public library and see what resources they have available.

I wish someone would make a sticky on this forum so that folks new to ebook readers can avoid spending their hard-earned money buying books from bookstores that they can't use.

I wrote to Aluratek asking about version 16 of their firmware, but so far no reply. I have to say that their customer service is very tight-lipped about everything.

Interesting. Can you borrow new bestsellers from public libraries or they offer mostly classic books?
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote