View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 01:25 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by thafrogggg View Post
I want caliber to, by default, sort my books by author then by series. How do I do this and make it permanent?
I assume that by "permanent", you mean redo the sort on start up, and not that you are prevented from sorting by a column.

The calibre beta and subsequent releases support a 'tweak' that can be used to specify how to sort at start-up. The documentation is:
Code:
# Provide a set of columns to be sorted on when calibre starts
#  The argument is None if saved sort history is to be used
#  otherwise it is a list of column,order pairs. Column is the
#  lookup/search name, found using the tooltip for the column
#  Order is 0 for ascending, 1 for descending
# For example, set it to [('authors',0),('title',0)] to sort by
# title within authors.
sort_columns_at_startup = None
There is no GUI available for setting tweaks. To set the value, you edit the file 'tweaks.py' found in Calibre's configuration directory. A button is available under preferences/advanced to open that directory in a file explorer (whatever it is called on your system).
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote