View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 06:03 PM   #6
rrburton
Connoisseur
rrburton has learned how to read e-booksrrburton has learned how to read e-booksrrburton has learned how to read e-booksrrburton has learned how to read e-booksrrburton has learned how to read e-booksrrburton has learned how to read e-booksrrburton has learned how to read e-booksrrburton has learned how to read e-books

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
I get what you're saying, I do..... And I've not read the article. But my initial reaction is this, and I don't say this to be a jerk because I'm one myself...

This is mostly tech nerd crap, and the average consumer and the average consumer reporter isn't interested in this level of detail. They weren't comparing "Crap you can manage if you do other things" they were talking about the devices and the systems themselves.

Someone else will no doubt and do some sort of point by point thing, I don't care enough to get into it myself (again, not trying to be a jerk I'm just tired of these things).

But I sure as heck wouldn't talk about the touchscreen.... the distortion is terrible (at least in the ones I have seen!)
You are right on... Consumer Reports directs itself at the lowest common denominator. Over the years I have continually seen them completely ignoring anything more complicated than is listed in the basic instructions for the item under scrutiny. My bottom line, if you have more than a half a clue, you are going to need way more than what Consumer Reports reports to come to a real understanding. Proceeding on CR information alone is like choosing your brain surgeon based on the font on his business card.
rrburton is offline   Reply With Quote