View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 10:23 AM   #50
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_mchale View Post
I think it is mostly a question of demand. At the moment, Adobe DRM holds a relatively small part of the market place for ebooks. Popular literature (i.e., novel, memoirs, etc.) that can be obtained in Adobe DRM formats can also usually be obtained through Mobi or .lit and therefore there is little need to jailbreak another DRM scheme.

In practice, the single biggest obstacle the single biggest obstacle to unbreakable DRM is the fact that the end user must some how or other have the key. Ultimately, if epub begins to gain traction at the expense of other formats, I suspec that the incentatives to break Adobe DRM schemes will increase. I wouldn't expect it to happen this year, but I think I would be surprised if it hadn't been broken in 5 years.

--
Bill
yes, that's exactly what i think (but i bet it will happen sooner than 5 years).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote