Thread: I'm new. Hi!
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 01:40 AM   #1
Cinder
Nameless Being

I'm new. Hi!

Hi all! Call me Cinder. I'm a new ereader, having impulse-purchased a Kobo Aura HD at JB Hi Fi recently. I've already bought far too many books for it, and I don't foresee myself stopping any time soon. Oh dear. I love reading, knitting and video games (particularly World of Warcraft). When I'm not doing any of those, I can be found working, studying (mechanical engineering), or at Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (I'm a white belt).

I'm a big hardcover fan, and despite having just bought my Kobo ereader, I have two hardcovers on their way to me right now: Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell and Command And Control by Eric Schlosser. I don't know what I'm going to do with all of my books now that I have an ereader as well - I don't want to stop collecting beautiful hardcovers, and I don't know how I'll end up feeling about my paperbacks; they're definitely not as pretty as a hardcover, and I can already see an ebook being more useful... Hmm! Now I'm going to have to decide which books, if any, to re-gift.

On a lighter note, let me tell you what I like to read! I'm currently in the middle of a re-read of Harry Potter by JK Rowling (I'm up to book 5: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix), and I'm reading both the Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth (book 2: Insurgent) and The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare (book 4: City of Fallen Angels) for the first time. I love young adult, fantasy, paranormal, historical fiction, contemporary fiction, romance, sci-fi, non fiction (especially about politics and warfare)... I'll read almost anything. In about a week, I'm going to a signing with George RR Martin, author of my favourite series, A Song Of Ice And Fire. It's going to be amazing!

I'm looking forward to spending time here.