View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 11:05 AM   #86
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Type cover vs. touch cover

I've got the type cover this morning.
I've used the 50 Euro gift certificate from Microsoft (due to the slight delays in shipment) on it.
I've ordered it, because the touch cover didn't work perfectly for me. That's my own fault, I'm not using the covers as advertised.
I barely put my gadgets on the table or any other flat surface.
Would I want to do that, I could use my MacBook Air.
Normally, I hold tablets in my hands and when typing, I put the Microsoft Surface RT on my knees or even the backrest of my sofa.
No flat surface, so the touch cover (being less rigid/stiff than the type cover) kind of "wobbles" around a bit.
So I wanted to have the more rigid type cover.
It's exactly as expected.
Slightly thicker, from the outside identical to the touch cover, way more rigid.
I didn't mind the missing pressure point of the touch cover, but you certainly can type faster and more accurately on the type cover.
Still, both covers are a stroke of genius, haven't seen anything similar yet on any other tablet.
I've got a great bluetooth keyboard for the iPhone 4S, snapping directly to the back of the iPhone and even working as a spare battery.
But for the iPad, I haven't found a satisfying solution. Due to the position of the dock connector, you'd have to dock a keyboard in portrait format - not very efficient...

Last edited by mgmueller; 11-06-2012 at 12:33 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote