View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 11:39 AM   #8
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabran View Post
Hmm My definition of "obsolete" is a vestigial device, product or technology whom's primary and third party
format support has ceased entirely thus diminishing its usefulness to the point that it is no longer worth retaining ownership

Examples: Iomega Zip Disks/Drives, VCR player/recorders,CRT monitors etc.

When last I looked, My kindle fire Still had official and third party support in the form of Android applications& games, movie files in digital formats, Ebooks (both.mobi& Epub) comic books(CBR format)
and of course web browsing using Firefox mobile etc.

If you are a photography enthusiasts than buy a Real digital camera and be done with it.

The only way you can avoid your extreme definition of obsolete is to somehow obtain some (as yet non existent )technology sent to you back through time from the Future and even that would be quickly reverse engineered and improved making it again "obsolete"
As an astrophotographer hobbiest I have to agree. I don't care how good the camera is, the quality of the photos is determined by the quality of the lenses you use. No camera or tablet phone will ever rival a SLR or mirrorless camera, or even a consumer grade point and shoot. Those tiny lenses on camera/tablet phones are a joke. Camera/tablet phones or merely a gimmick and outside the realm of social media are mostly useless.