View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 05:10 PM   #15
DarkScribe
Apprentice Curmudgeon.
DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Touch, Paperwhite, Sony, and Nook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
In the article in the link in the OP, the author quotes part of the Amazon policy:

"Reviews written for any form of compensation other than a free copy of the product are outside of our guidelines. This includes reviews that are a part of a paid publicity package."

And then asks:

"But what if someone got the book from a library or borrowed it from a friend? "

Am I the only one who sees that as a non sequitur?
What does borrowing a book have to do with being paid for a review?

Makes me suspicious of the author's claims. Anyone have any actual records of reviews that were there but are now removed so we can actually see the kind of thing that's gone missing? (if..ahem...anything actually has....)
I think that the OP was referring to the "verified purchase" criterion. Someone who hadn't purchased from Amazon but still wanted to review the book.
DarkScribe is offline   Reply With Quote