View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 03:06 AM   #322
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The first 1040 bytes of the *compressed* font are XORed with a (seemingly randomnly generated) key. I have committed code to calibre to de-obfuscate them. Given that the MOBI format itself is a much harder form of obfuscation, I have no idea why amazon felt the need to implement a XOR on top of it, but then I have no idea why Amazon makes have the technical decisions it does...
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote