Thread: Seriousness Spelling contractions
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 09:08 PM   #48
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Someone else on this thread mentioned that they weren’t allowed to us contractions in school. I seem to recall something of the same. I was a WWII baby boomer and things were different back in the late '50s and early '60s.

In conversations I'll use contractions except to emphasize a point. In writing I tend not to use contractions. I'll then reread what I wrote and change it so that it reads in a less stilted manor.
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote