View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 10:48 PM   #21
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
And if you have a USB charger that supplies more than 5V, then it is NOT a USB charger. It is something else. I don't suppose I have looked at that many, but I have never seen a charger that had a USB socket that was not 5V output.
iPad charger is labelled as 5.1V, 2.1A. After voltage drop, the iPad likely sees 5V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Yes, Li-Ion batteries can explode if treated badly. But the charging of the battery in these devices are controlled by the device. Unless that charging circuit is damaged, or you open the case and damage the battery, it is very safe.

Hmm, "high end flashlight that did not have a reverse circuit protection" sounds like a contradiction. I would expect a high end device to include an important capability like that.
I have two Li-Ion battery flashlights. One of them has a battery that can be charged outside the unit but it can't be inserted incorrectly without applying enough force to break the flashlight. The other one is a sealed unit with a AC plug (flashlight, nightlight, emergency light). They were not the most expensive flashlights made thought they might be considered high-end compared to a disposable penlight.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote